- If you could re-do your own bedroom (or house) what would it MUST have?
- Name a time in your life that made you feel proud about yourself.
- Name one thing that you would still like to do this summer.
- Heat 3 cups milk in microwave for 5 minutes on high
- Add 1 stick butter, 1/4 c. crisco, 1 c. potato flakes or instant potatoes, 3/4 c. sugar and 1 tablespoon salt. Beat until lukewarm.
- In the meantime, soften 1-1/2 tablespoons yeast in 1/3 cup lukewarm water with a pinch of sugar.
- Beat 4 eggs, then add milk mixture, yeast and 4 cups flour and beat until smooth. Add 4 more cups of flour one at a time. (Makes a soft dough) Mix for a few minutes. I just mix it in my Kitchen Aid mixer. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Take out half of the dough and roll out in large rectangle. Spread 1/4 c. of softened butter over dough. Fold in thirds. Fold long side bottom of rectangle up and then the long side of rectangle top down over it. Starting from end cut small slices off and twist into a tie or knot folding ends under. When pan is full, cover with plastic wrap and let rise 2 hours. Repeat for other half of dough. Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes.
**This makes a huge batch. However these freeze really well so you could freeze them too. Don't worry if the dough seems too sticky. That's how it is. Just plop it out on a floured surface and lightly flour and it rolls out and works just fine. I think that is what makes it so good.