Monday, September 26, 2011

# books # Christmas

Don't Underestimate Used Bookstores

Used bookstores are great! Since we LOVE books, we take a trip to the used bookstore quite frequently. We have found some fun treasures. They are cheap and they are in really good shape. I think these books were $1.29 each.


I found some fun Halloween and fall books for $1.99 each. These are so nice to have for our little rotating preschool.


I'm collecting books for Christmas. Instead of an advent calendar, we are wrapping up 24 books and putting them under the tree. Each night MJ gets to open one book for her bedtime story. I was super happy to find these to add to our collection.

I found an animated scripture story DVD of "The King Is Born" for $4.00 so that will be a fun treat to mix up the books.


These two books were hardback books. I paid $2.99 instead of $1.99 for them. The one on the left is one of my FAVORITE books. I was so happy to find it!


Check out your local listings to see if you have a used bookstore by you! You might be surprised by what you find. As a former high school teacher and now a mom/homeschool preschool teacher, I wish I knew about this earlier. What a great resource!

1 comment:

  1. my momma wrapped books and let us open one each night before Christmas, we LOVED it. Even though we re-used most of the same books it was super fun to try to guess which ones were our favorite and unwrap them each night. I'm 23 and I STILL love reading those books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us