Saturday, February 6, 2016

# church # Primary

Singing Time: Valentine's Day Conversation Hearts

Valentine's Day is one of my very favorite holidays. Last year I posted this activity to another blog (and ended up shutting it down due to traffic control).  So, I'm posting it here again for this year.

I really liked THIS idea by Crafts By Friends. I wanted to copy this but didn't have a lot of time to make the hearts and paint them. I had Peter Priesthood (aka my hot husband) work his Photoshop and Illustrator skills and whip me up some "conversation hearts" that I could just print out, cut, and laminate. He delivered. 

Feel free to download and print the PDF for all images HERE.





Last year I got to the Primary room about 10 minutes early and posted hearts all over the room. When it was time for Singing Time I expressed how excited I was for Valentine's Day. I explained to the children what conversation hearts were to jog their memory and for my Sunbeams who didn't know what they were. You can even bring in a bag of hearts to show the children and reward  them at the end for good singing. 

I chose one child to pick a heart and read the message. It was easier for Senior Primary to try to guess which song we were going to sing based on the message. I also put a post-it note on the back that indicated HOW were were going to sing the song (hum, every other word, boys/girls, teachers/children, with actions, etc.) to mix it up a bit. 

Here are the possible songs for each heart. I wrote these songs on the back with the song number so it would be easy for me to tell the pianist which song we were going to sing. 

WIN 
Scripture Power (Friend)
SHHH
Chapel Doors (CS #156)
I'M HAPPY
If You're Happy (CS #266)
A Happy Family (CS #198)
WISE UP
The Wise Man and the Foolish Man (CS #281)
LISTEN
Listen, Listen (#107)
Search, Ponder, and Pray (CS #109)
LOVE
Jesus Said Love Everyone (CS #61)
I WILL
Nephi's Courage (CS #120)
4 EVER
Families Can Be Together Forever (CS #188)
I DO
Do As I'm Doing (CS #276)
TEACH ME
I Am a Child of God (CS #2)
Teach Me to Walk in the Light (CS #177)
I LUV YOU
We Are Different (CS #263)
I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus (CS #78)
I'LL FOLLOW
Follow the Prophet
I Will Follow God's Plan (CS #164)
HELP ME
When We're Helping (CS #198)
LOVE ME
Love One Another (CS #136)
YOU & ME
Friends Are Fun (CS #262)
The Family Is of God (Friend)
BIG KISS
Daddy's Homecoming (CS #210)
THANKS
Children All Over the World (CS #16)
PLEASE
Help Me, Dear Father (CS #99)
CALL ME
I Hope They Call Me on a Mission (CS #169)
Quickly I'll Obey (CS #197)
BE TRUE
Stand For the Right (CS #159)
Our Primary Colors (CS #258)
BE COOL
Snow Is Falling (CS #241)
Once There Was a Snowman (CS #249)
SING 2 ME
Sing, Sing, Sing (CS #253)
SMILE
Smiles (CS #267)
I Am Like a Star (CS #163)
TWEET ME
In the Leafy Treetops (CS #240)

If you have any comments or suggestions on how to improve this activity, or even variations of this activity, I'd love to hear. I always want to improve Singing Time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us