Think about the areas of your life that could use the most improvement or are the most important to you.
Here are some suggestions:
- Think about what you want to improve in each area.
- Set REASONABLE/REALISTIC goals. Keep it simple and don’t bite off more than you can chew. Don't have too many goals either.
- Make your goals specific. Example: “Read 2 books to my kids everyday before bedtime” rather than “be a better mother.”
- Set goals that are measurable. See the example above. I can track my progress with a specific goal rather than an idea. Review your progress regularly.
- Write down your goal.
- Make a list of short term steps that will help you reach your goal if your goal is big.
- Make a visual reminder of your goal. You may need to schedule it into your calendar or post it on your bathroom mirror or on your refrigerator so you see it everyday.
I created a simple worksheet to help get you started with your goals. The worksheet is blank so you can create your own categories and your own goals. Here's a sample.
Click HERE to print.
Good luck with your goals!!