One of the reasons I love Christmastime is because I get to make A LOT of this chocolate fudge caramel sauce. It makes the perfect gift for family, friends, teachers, co-workers, party hosts, etc. This is my favorite recipe and it is so easy. You can easily double, triple, or quadruple this recipe to fulfill your needs.
2 cups light corn syrup
1- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup salted butter
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a medium pot, combine the light corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk, and butter together. Over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, mix ingredients together until butter is completely melted.
2. Add the chocolate chips. Continue stirring about 10 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat.
3. With an electric mixer, beat the hot chocolate for 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
4. Fill clean and sterilized mason jars.
5. Fit lid and ring snuggly. Quickly move jars to a safe location where they won't be jostled. Jar lids will seal within a couple hours. Jars may be moved after they have been sealed.
Drizzle over ice cream, brownies, cheesecake (or just eat it out of the jar with a spoon, like I do).
Refrigerate after opening. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 months.