Thursday, June 30, 2011
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
- What makes you happy?
- If you could be a superhero, who would you be and why?
- Who is the funniest person you know?
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
Friday, June 24, 2011
What’s more American?
10-12 apples of choice (I like to do a medley- green, yellow, red)
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
cinnamon (my husband loves to add lots of cinnamon)
4 Tbsp butter
1 tsp. salt
1 egg white
Ready made pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare pie crust and place bottom crust in pie dish.
- Peel and core apples. Cut apples into chunks, not slices.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and add the apples. Mix well.
- Pour the apples into the prepared pie crust. It will be A LOT of apples to fit into a small dish but trust me, it will be awesome.
- Cut butter into chunks and scatter the chunks on top of the pile of apples. Pour lemon juice on top of your heaping mound of apples.
- Cover your mountain of apples with the top crust. Pinch both crusts together.
- Brush the top crust with the egg white and sprinkle with sugar (and cinnamon if you’d like)
- Bake about 45-60 minutes. Put foil around the edges of the crust after the edges begin to brown to prevent them from burning.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
- If you could go on a vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- How would you describe yourself to someone who hasn't met you?
- If you joined the circus, who would you like to be? What act would you do?
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
- Decorate your own stationary with some blank paper and envelopes
- Make a collage with some old magazines
- Paint your toenails
- Make a border for your own room with continuous paper
- Make paper airplanes
- Play school with last year's school materials
- Make a family or personal calendar
- Make bookmarks
- Measure 10 things with a ruler
- Write a poem
- Write a story
- Make a keychain
- Make cookies or cupcakes
- Organize your clothes drawers
- Write a play
- Make a city or a castle from recycled boxes and paper towel or toilet paper tubes
- Write a letter to a relative
- Make a healthy snack with fruits and vegetables (or try some fruit sushi)
- Take pictures with a digital camera
- Call a friend
- Find your house on a map
- Fluff up the pillows in the house
- Make a birthday card for a friend
- Build something with Legos, Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs or Duplo Blocks
- Play a board game
- Make a birthday or Christmas list
- Make animals out of pipe cleaners
- Change the sheets on your bed
- Have a picnic on the floor
- Read a book
- Make something with Origami paper
- Do a secret good deed
- Make sock puppets with old socks
- Sing a song
- Look through your old toys, books, or clothes that you have outgrown. Find something to donate.
- Make musical instruments (put beans in a water bottle to create a shaker)
- Play a musical instrument
- Look at old pictures
- Take a nap (MY FAVORITE)
- Take a bath
- Make juice popsicles
- Play pick-up sticks with wooden skewers
- Play with Play-Doh
- Paint, draw, color
- Do a workbook
- Make some paper dolls. Design and create clothes for them.
- Make paper snowflakes- work on your scissor skills
- Do a puzzle
- Blow bubbles in the bath
- Make a card or your own wrapping paper with some rubber stamps
- Make a treasure hunt with clues
- Do a sticker book.
- Do some exercises- jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, stretch
- Make puffy paint
- Make a paper bag puppet
- Have a tea party with your stuffed animals
- Build a fort with blankets and sheets
- Watch your favorite movie
- Clean your room (my other favorite)
- Organize your toys and books
- Decorate the sidewalk or patio with sidewalk chalk
- Make a daisy chain or flower crown
- Blow bubbles
- Ride your bike
- Have a picnic
- Pick some flowers from the yard and put them in a vase
- Water the garden
- Plant some flowers
- Go for a walk
- Build a sand castle at the beach or in the sandbox
- Play in the sprinklers
- Go swimming
- Go to the park
- Play a game of tag
- Make a mud pie
- Play whiffle ball
- Watch a movie outside on a warm night
- Observe a bug or insect
- Wash your bike or the family car
- Go roller skating
- Fly a kite
- Paint with fizzy sidewalk paint
- Play a game of catch with a friend
- Go to a playground
- Play frisbee
- Create your own golf course and play the course
- Set up a tent outside and go camping in the backyard
- Jump rope
- Play hopscotch
- Have a water fight
- See how many times you can bounce/dribble a ball
- Children's Museum
- Ice cream shop
- Car wash
- Chuck E. Cheese
- Take a train ride
- Movie theater
- Farm or Farmer's Market
- Miniature golf
- Bike trails
- Drive-in Theater
- Theme park
- Ice skating