It has been a while since I did a post for family dinners.
This week make your family dinners fun and interesting with these ideas:
DELIGHTFUL DINING: Halloween Week
- Come to dinner dressed up in your Halloween costume.
- Make a dish or dessert that includes pumpkin as a main ingredient (pumpkin stew, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, etc.)
- Serve gruesome dishes. (Brains and blood = spaghetti, mummies = hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls, make homemade pizzas and create monster faces with toppings, etc.)
- Have dinner in the dark. Cover the table in a white table cloth and turn on a black light, or eat by candle light.
- Have a murder mystery dinner. Invite some other families over for some extra fun. HERE's a great site for CLEAN games on sale now!
- What do you want to dress up as for Halloween?
- If your whole family had to dress up together for Halloween, what would you dress up as? (Scooby Doo and his friends? The Simpsons? A bunch of cowboys and cowgirls?)
- What is your favorite part about the fall?
FLAVORFUL FAVORITES: Mac & Cheese
This is a homemade recipe for mac & cheese that tastes good and that your kids will eat! I love it too. It's made with real ingredients and the "cheese sauce" is creamy! (I used ditalini pasta noodles so both my toddler and 1-year old could eat it without problems)
6 oz. pasta noodles (about 1/3 of 16 oz. box)
1/2 c. evaporated milk
cheese, shredded (to liking)
Cook your pasta, drain it, and return it to cooking pot. In a separate bowl whisk together egg, milk and a couple pinches of salt. Pour mixture over noodles. Stir in shredded cheese. Add more salt to taste if needed. If you'd like it extra creamy, add more milk. If you add too much cheese it will dry out quicker. You can't really ruin this recipe. It's very adjustable to your liking.