What’s more American?
10-12 apples of choice (I like to do a medley- green, yellow, red)
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
cinnamon (my husband loves to add lots of cinnamon)
4 Tbsp butter
1 tsp. salt
1 egg white
Ready made pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare pie crust and place bottom crust in pie dish.
- Peel and core apples. Cut apples into chunks, not slices.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and add the apples. Mix well.
- Pour the apples into the prepared pie crust. It will be A LOT of apples to fit into a small dish but trust me, it will be awesome.
- Cut butter into chunks and scatter the chunks on top of the pile of apples. Pour lemon juice on top of your heaping mound of apples.
- Cover your mountain of apples with the top crust. Pinch both crusts together.
- Brush the top crust with the egg white and sprinkle with sugar (and cinnamon if you’d like)
- Bake about 45-60 minutes. Put foil around the edges of the crust after the edges begin to brown to prevent them from burning.